Monday, April 8, 2019

Taking The Leap: the book

This is a blog that will accompany my first self help book, "Taking The Leap", which is about my own journey of growth and recovery after a particularly difficult time in my life, when I felt I had to make drastic decisions in order to deal with personal issues, my mental health, and make a life worth living again.

In the book I'll be exploring the challenges I've faced in my early life which led to cycles of depression and hopelessness, and will explore particular events which triggered psychosis, profound depression, my own thoughts of suicide and murderous rage, which at the time I found no effective, long lasting support.

I'll be exploring recovery from trauma, vicarious trauma, survivor guilt, PTSD, depression, and a range of mental health issues that I'm convinced are related to the mind's natural defence mechanisms of dissociation and amnesia.

I hope the reader will find my story enlightening, entertaining, and inspiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment